Panelists and their perspective:
Contact info: 802-291-9100 x112, email@example.com
Perspective: As Becka works for a nonprofit that is working to educate and promote food and farms, her perspective will be about educating consumers.
New Hampshire Food Alliance (UNH Sustainability Institute)
Contact Info: 603-862-8564, Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Perspective: Growing the New Hampshire food system, and how deceptive labelling could impact our food system.
Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Contact Info: 802-496-1254 (office) email@example.com
Perspective: Does the size of a business or outside ownership affect its commitment to community?
We will ask each panelist:
- To share their personal and professional definition of the term local and how those might differ.
- What they see as the challenges and opportunities for growth in the local food market in New England.
- If they feel the term local is in danger of becoming meaningless as retailers have begun to recognize the popularity of locally grown/produced foods?
- Whether they feel the integrity of the term local, as legally defined in New Hampshire and Vermont, is stronger or weaker than it was five years ago, and why or why not.
- In their opinion, if a local business is brought by a corporation from outside our region, and the new owners keep the acquired business operating here, does that mean the product is no longer local?